The Bullsbrook Toy Library is a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers.
All members regardless of membership category are strongly encouraged to attend the Annual General Meeting and to assist with fundraising, stocktake and events when possible.
Membership is for a period of 12 months and fees are non-refundable.
1. Membership Fees
2. Borrowing Borrowing is limited to 8 items as per membership category. Members are responsible for checking and counting pieces before the item leaves the library and to notify roster volunteer of any issues.
3. Toy Returns Members are responsible for cleaning all items borrowed before returning and advising rostered volunteers of any pieces missing or broken. Toys will be checked by roster volunteers and it will be assumed that any missing or damaged pieces were damaged or lost while on loan to that member.
4. Damaged Toys All damaged toys need to be reported. Frequent damage to toys may result in cancellation of membership. You may be asked to contribute towards the cost of repair or replacement.
5. Overdue Toys Overdue items may incur a fee. Persistent lateness in returning items may result in cancellation of membership.
6. Loss of Toys Loss of a toy will incur a fee up to the cost of a replacement. Frequent loss of toys will result in cancellation of membership.
7. Cancelled and Suspended Membership Members cancelling, not renewing or having a suspended membership must return toys within 4 weeks of the last borrowing date. If toys are not returned by this time it will be viewed as theft and treated as a matter for the appropriate authorities. Members unable to return toys within this time can contact the toy library to make alternative arrangements.
Volunteers: required to assist at least two times per quarter. Duties include toy checking, toy cleaning, inputting loans and returns in the database (training provided). Repeated failure to agree to a roster shift may result in an upgrade to non-duty membership.
All Members: Annual General Meeting - all members are strongly encouraged to attend the AGM held Nov/Dec. Stocktake - all members are encouraged to assist at yearly stocktake for at least one 2-hour shift. Fundraising - all members must make a reasonable effort to support the fundraising activities of the toy library.
9. General Identification, e.g. driver's licence, will be required at time of joining. All toys remain the borrower's responsibility and the property of the toy library. The Bullsbrook Toy Library Committee will at all times be responsible for the day to day running of the library and reserve the right to amend the rules and conditions of membership as the need arises. Members will be notified in writing of any changes made. It is your responsibility to select toys that suit your child's development and ability. Please help your child to understand the dangers involved in the misuse of a toy.
10. Members Additional Responsibilities
It is the members's responsibility to ensure that
The Bullsbrook Toy Library takes no responsibility for any damage or personal injury arising directly or indirectly from its equipment on or off the premises.
No child to be left unattended at the toy library.
BULLSBROOK TOY LIBRARY - WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY FOR BICYCLE AND SCOOTERS
The Bullsbrook Toy Library ("Provider") is pleased to make bicycles and scooters available to subscribers ("the Service").
As a subscriber to the Service you acknowledge that there are dangers and risks inherent with bicycle and scooter riding (the “Activity”) to which any child under your supervision ("Your Child") may be exposed.
The Provider does not provide protective clothing or bicycle helmets and it is your responsibility to ensure that Your Child wears a helmet at all times and is otherwise appropriately attired when participating in the Activity. You agree that Your Child will participate in the Activity at your own risk. You also agree to voluntarily assume responsibility for supervising the Activity and any injury, death or property damage you or Your Child may suffer or cause as a result of participating in the Activity.
To the maximum extent possible at law, you (both in your personal capacity and on behalf of Your Child) agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Provider and its respective officers, employees, servants, agents and contractors (the “Indemnified Persons”) against all actions, claims, suits, costs, expenses, demands and damages suffered or incurred by the Indemnified Persons or any one or more of them by reason of, or in respect of, or in any manner whatsoever arising out of, or caused by, your use of the Service or Your Child's participation in the Activity.
You agree that you are subscribing to the Service on the express condition that the Provider:
(a) will, under no circumstances be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any death, loss, accident, damage or injury to you, Your Child or any of your servants, agents, contractors, visitors or invitees or any other person whatsoever (“Related Party”) which may happen as a result of your use of the Service or Your Child participating in the Activity; and
(b) will not incur or be under any liability whatsoever to you, Your Child, or to any Related Party for any loss, damage or injury to or in respect of any of your property or of any Related Party’s property.
The Provider is not liable to you, Your Child or any Related Party in respect of any indirect or consequential loss. For the avoidance of doubt, ‘consequential loss’ means loss or damage arising from a breach of contract, tort (including negligence), under statute or any other basis in law or equity of an indirect or consequential nature including, but without limitation, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss or denial of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of business reputation, future reputation or publicity, damage to credit rating and indirect, remote, abnormal or unforeseeable loss, or any similar loss whether or not in the reasonable contemplation of the parties.
Bullsbrook Toy Library Code of Conduct.
All volunteers and committee members of Bullsbrook Toy Library are required to observe child safe principles and expectations for appropriate behaviour towards and in the company of children, as noted below.
All personnel of Bullsbrook Toy Library are responsible for supporting the safety, participation, wellbeing, and empowerment of children by:
Staff and volunteers must not:
By observing these standards, you acknowledge your responsibility to immediately report any breach of this code to Bullsbrook Toy Library leadership.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000.